Insurance In Santa Rosa, CA
Eastman Insurance Solutions, Insurance Redefined.
Santa Rosa is a California city in Sonoma County. It's known for its wineries. The Charles M. Schulz Museum and Research Center is dedicated to the famed "Peanuts" cartoonist. Nearby, hands-on exhibits at the Children’s Museum of Sonoma County include a mini train station. Big-name musicians perform at the Luther Burbank Center for the Arts. To the east, trail-lined Annadel State Park features wildflowers and a lake.
Auto Insurance In Santa Rosa, CA
Currently, it is required of all motorists on the road to have insurance in order to drive. An auto insurance policy with 15/30/5 liability coverage is the minimum requirement in Santa Rosa, CA. Simply put, having 15/30/5 coverage means you are protected up to:
- $15,000 in Injuries Per Person
- $30,000 for all injured parties
- $5,000 in property damages
Although this is the bare minimum required to be on the road, we highly recommend several other insurance options while living in Santa Rosa, California. Some car insurance coverage options include:
Liability Coverage: Your liability coverage is there to protect you in the event of an accident, due to your negligence. It covers any repair fees, medical costs or legal fees for the other party involved in the wreck. While liability coverage does not cover your own personal damage expenses, there are coverage options available to include that additional protection.
- For example, say you have a 250/500/100 liability coverage. What this means is in the event of an accident, your car insurance provider will pay up to $250,000 in injuries per person, up to $500,000 for all parties injured and $100,000 in property damages.
Collision coverage: Collision coverage is there for you to help pay for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. Whether you hit a tree, guardrail, or another vehicle, your comprehensive coverage should protect you up to your limit amount minus the deductible.
- For example, let’s say you are in an accident, the overall cost to fix your vehicle totaled $25,000 and you have a $500 deductible. Your provider would expect you to pay $500 and the remaining $24,500 would be covered by them. Essentially, you are expected to pay a small portion of the expenses when in an accident and that small portion (your deductible) can vary. The larger the deductible, the less your monthly car insurance payment will be, and vice versa.
Comprehensive coverage: Think of comprehensive as your “what if” coverage. What if a tree falls on my parked car? You’re covered. What if a deer runs out in front of me? You’re covered. This is commonly known as other than collision coverage. This will help you when life throws you a curve ball.
Home Insurance In Santa Rosa, CA
Some of the basics that will be covered in your home insurance policy will be:
- Your House– protects anything that is permanently attached to your house
- Unattached Structures– Gazebos, driveways, unattached garages etc.
- Your Personal Belongings– Furniture, Electronics, etc.
- Lawsuits– if someone is injured on your property
- Temporary Living Costs– Covers expenses if you aren’t able to live in your house while it is being repaired
Essential Home Coverages for Santa Rosa California
Weather in the greater Santa Rosa Ca area can be quite a challenge at times. That is why we recommend adding the following coverages to your home policy. It’s better to be safe than sorry when it comes to getting a policy that will best protect you and your home in the case of an emergency.
- Extended Dwelling Coverage– This is an extra layer of protection on top of your policy coverage. What this means is your insurance provider will replace or rebuild your property even if the damages are more than what your policy covers.
- Flood Insurance-Most home insurance policies do not cover flood insurance. Whether you are in a high flood risk area or not, we recommend adding a flood insurance policy. It is one of the most common insurance claims.
- Earthquake Coverage– If earthquakes are common in the area, some home insurance policies will include earthquake coverage. Don’t be afraid to ask and see if you are already covered for earthquakes.
For more information and to find out how we can provide an exceptional experience for you in Santa Rosa, click the box below to experience the EIS Difference